How to get from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay
To get from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay by car on the fastest route and with the usual traffic will take you about 25 minutes. Here are the driving directions you need to follow.
Get on I-H-1 E from Kapiolani Blvd – 8 min (1.9 mi)
- Head northeast on Kalaimoku St toward Kuhio Ave. – 0.2 mi
- Use any lane to turn left onto Ala Wai Blvd – 0.3 mi
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto McCully St – 0.1 mi
- Turn right onto Kapiolani Blvd – 0.9 mi
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left onto the Interstate H-1 E ramp – 0.3 mi
Drive along HI-72 – 14 min (8.4 mi)
- Merge onto I-H-1 E – 2.4 mi
- Continue onto HI-72 – 6.0 mi
Take Hanauma Bay Rd and Catafalque Dr to your destination – 4 min (0.5 mi)
- Turn right toward Hanauma Bay Rd – 85 ft
- Turn right onto Hanauma Bay Rd – 0.2 mi
- Turn left onto Catafalque Dr – 0.2 mi
- Turn right – 276 ft
Riding The Bus
Public transportation is another way to get to the nature preserve. If you choose to ride the bus, you have to get bus number 22 from Kalakaua Ave and Opp Olohana street.
Note: TheBus tarts at 8:15 and runs every half hour down Kuhio Avenue. For more information call TheBus at 848-5555.
- $2.75 per person
Waikiki Trolley Blue Line
There are several other ways to get to Hanauma Bay even if you don’t have a car. One of the easiest and convenient ways to get the Waikiki trolley Blue Line. Experience some of Oahu’s stunning coastline scenery! The Blue Line shows off Oahu’s southeastern coastline and highlights magnificent views of white sand beaches, dramatic cliffs and if you’re lucky, perhaps whales and dolphins!
- Adult (Age: 12+ ): $25.00
- Child (Age: 3-11): $15.00
Besides Hanauma Bay, you can use it to get to many other attractions in Honolulu.