Discover the mesmerizing island of Oahu from the air on this incredible helicopter tour. Fly above the island and many of its most famous landmarks, such as Diamond Head, Sacred Falls, the Dole Plantation, and Pearl Harbor. Choose your departure time and customize your ride with the option of having the helicopter doors on or off. This Oahu helicopter tour makes it easy to fit into your schedule and offers a unique perspective on the island’s beauty.
- Parking Fees
- Phone Strap
Meeting And Pickup:
Rainbow Oahu Helicopter Tours 155 Kapalulu Pl Ste. 197, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA. The tour operator is located in the Castle and Cooke Aviation building. Please park in the lot to the left across the street.
This activity ends back at the meeting point.
What To Expect:
Choose a convenient departure time when booking and begin your tour at Rainbow Helicopters, located in Honolulu International Airport. Settle into your helicopter with doors on or off, as per your preference.
Your guide will take you up in the air as you pass Leeward Coast sights like Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, and the Makapu‘u Lighthouse, before continuing to the Windward Coast with its views of the Ko’olau Range, Lanikai Beach, nd Kane‘ohe Bay.
Fly in close to capture stunning views of Sacred Falls, and then, in the distance, observe surfers taking on the waves at Banzai Pipeline and Waimea Bay. Complete your tour with views of the Dole Plantation and Pearl Harbor. After the excitement of soaring above the island, your helicopter circles back to the Honolulu International Airport.
During the tour, you will pass by the following landmarks:
- Waikiki Beach – Begin with the heights of the Waikiki skyline along the sultry sands of the most famous beach in the Pacific.
- Diamond Head State Monument: Oahu’s crown, Diamond Head, pops into view presiding over the island known as The Gathering Place.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – As you pass over the ridges of the Leeward coast, Hanauma Bay appears below, and gentle beaches transform into rugged volcanic cliffs, carved over millennia by sun, surf, and rain.
- Makapuu Point Lighthouse – Continue on this regal tour by flying over the charming Makapu’u lighthouse.
- Lanikai Beach – The island’s Windward Coast awaits where you will see the incredible Ko’olau mountains standing watch above Lanikai Beach – often called the most marvelous beach in the world and the offshore sandbars and coral formations that make Kane‘ohe Bay one of the most picturesque places on Earth.
- Mokoli’i Island – Fly past Mokoli’i Island and take in the breathtaking views of the lush Ka’a’awa Valley before you.
- Kaaawa – The pilot guides your helicopter into the pristine forest and jagged cliffs of the magnificent Ka’a’awa Valley. As the mountains approach, you fly in close to see the magnificent waters of Sacred Falls tumble over 1,000 feet to the rainforest below.
- North Shore – Check out the world-famous North Shore, where you can see surfers challenge the waves at Banzai Pipeline and Waimea Bay.
- Dole Plantation – Head back towards the airport with a passage over the mountains and the island’s inland sea – Dole Plantation’s “Pineapple Sea.”
- USS Arizona Memorial – Complete the circle of Oahu by turning inland and passing over the beautiful pineapple maze at the Dole Plantation. This incredible tour doesn’t end until you have completed a solemn pass over Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Total weight per passenger: 280 lbs
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Safety of flight is the primary concern. The operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or appear to be intoxicated.
- Intoxicated passengers will not fly and will be charged in full.
- For doors-off tours, jackets and/or sweatshirts, closed-toe shoes, and hair ties are required. Long pants are recommended.
- When booking the doors-off experience, your seat may or may not be directly adjacent to an open door. Only passengers weighing 80 lbs or more may fly with the door off in the Robinson R44 helicopter. Only passengers weighing 100 lbs or more may fly with the door off in the Airbus Astar helicopter.
- All passengers 24 months and older must purchase a full fare seat.
- For each guest weighing 260 pounds or more, a weight and balance fee is required to safely balance the aircraft. For guests weighing between 260-279 lbs, a fee in the amount of 50% of the seat price will be assessed after booking. For guests weighing 280 lbs or higher, an additional seat purchase will be assessed after booking.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Experience the breathtaking beauty of Oahu from the sky on this unforgettable helicopter tour by Rainbow Oahu Helicopter Tours. Soar above the island and marvel at its most iconic landmarks, such as Diamond Head, Sacred Falls, the Dole Plantation, and Pearl Harbor.